- About UNWTO
- Member States
- Affiliate Members
- Destination Management & Quality Programme
- Education and Training
- Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Information Resources & Archives
- Institutional and Corporate Relations
- Knowledge Network
- Market Trends
- Resilience of Tourism Development
- Governing Bodies
- Statistics and Tourism Satellite Account
- Sustainable Development of Tourism
- Silk Road
- Technical Cooperation
About the Open Letter on Travel and Tourism
It is undeniable that in spite of its growing relevance and proven contribution to GDP (3% to 5% worldwide), jobs (7% to 8% of all jobs) and exports (30% of the world’s exports of services), Travel and Tourism still lacks due political and economic recognition.
In this framework, UNWTO and WTTC have decided to join hands in their common goal of mainstreaming Travel and Tourism in the global agenda and position tourism as a driver of economic growth and development.
UNWTO and WTTC will present an Open Letter to Heads of State and Government worldwide, highlighting the importance of Travel and Tourism. In turn, Heads of State and Government will accept this letter in acknowledgement of the relevance of travel and tourism in facing today’s global challenges.